Friday, June 5, 2009

Through the eyes of a child

Today, David and I went to a children's art class for kids ages 1-5. It was a well done program organized by another mom. David enjoyed finger painting and making a tissue paper collage. We washed our hands several times that session and each time we walked out of the room, he kept saying "fish" in Chinese. I didn't see a fish and of course, I was more concerned about the 10 little fingers that had paint all over them. It wasn't until we were leaving that I saw a giant fish tank with beautiful fish to the side of the lobby. So that's what he kept seeing! Of course, we stopped to see them in much closer detail. This isn't the first time he's seen something that I haven't. One day it was the train going by off in the distance. Perhaps, I should really listen to my child a little more often. This was a good lesson in learning not to so readily dismiss something my child has to say although I could do without some of the whining. I'm amazed that he can communicate as well as he does at 15 months old. I wonder what else he has to show me about the world?

No comments:

Post a Comment