Monday, March 30, 2009

Another trip to Suwon, Girls' Night Out

On Tuesday, I take David up to the hospital in Suwon so this weekend, we did a dry run up there. Actually, to back things up a bit, I needed a Korean driver's license to legally drive. After a cancelled appointment a couple of weeks ago (since we didn't have a car) and numerous failed tries to set up an appointment to take the test, I aced my driving test last Friday. So, one milestone down. We took the equivalent of the interstate (Big One) this time and it was much faster than driving through the towns on the highway (Little One). We found the hospital after a few turns here and there and the International Health clinic where I need to check in. Ajou University Hospital is a very nice facility so I'm not too concerned about his check up.
Next, we stopped by the giant mall at the Suwon train station. There was a high end department store there and other shops. We ate at the food court just above the station. We have great pictures of David playing peek-a-boo with Daddy. There weren't really any "good deals" to be found there. A pair of jeans at the GAP cost 129,000 W which is about $99. I think I'm done with store shopping and I'm ready to just check out the different sights. I didn't get too many arguments from A.
Saturday night was Girls' night out. I proposed this to our playgroup and all the Moms were ready to go out. We dined at the Chaakra, an Indian restaurant and enjoyed each other's company and very good food. We never get a chance to really talk when we bring the kids to play together since our conversations always get interupted. Hope lives in our apartment complex and she has the twins who are a little older than David. Marta has a 2 1/2 yearold boy and husband is a DoDDs teacher. Karly has an 18 month old daughter and is studying to be a nurse. Her husband is a contracter. We all had a good time and very grateful to our husbands who watched the babies.

No comments:

Post a Comment