Monday, March 30, 2009

Sleep Blogging

I'm having a fit of insomnia now. I woke up at 2:32 AM and the clock on the computer tells me it is 3:34 AM. Don't ask me why I'm blogging. Maybe I feel guilty that I haven't made a post in a week. I'm not sure why since I really should be tired.

Perhaps, it is because our things will finally arrive tomorrow afternoon. We haven't seen them since late January. It will be interesting to see how our furniture will fit in here. Still, I know I will be happy to have more than 4 forks and knives, 1 pot, 1 pan, and no mixing bowl to cook with. But somehow, I survived the last 5 weeks.

My inability to sleep could also be due to the fact that a girl I asked to babysit David while he's asleep wants $10/hour. I was quite indignant when I read her email this afternoon. First of all, she's taken a little while to respond - what if I wanted her for this weekend? I explained to her that he would be asleep by the time she came over and he would be asleep the entire time we were gone. $10/hour? Seriously? I would be paying her to read a book. I wonder if she's taken child/infant CPR classes or a first aid class. I guess we've been spoiled by the babysitting rates in G'boro. I actually do have a HS senior that I will try to call tmw that I know charges $5/hour. We'll see. It'll be nice to go out with A one evening.

I was also surprised by the fact that it will be Palm Sunday next weekend and Easter is right around the corner. The expected commercial cues of Easter baskets and candy haven't been there either since the Koreans don't typically celebrate Easter and I haven't been to the BX or commissary on base very much lately. Even at church there's been no mention of Easter. There have been a few days when I've felt like a Stranger in a Strange Land.

OK, one more post about this weekend and then I will try again to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment