Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Spring is coming!

The weather has definitely turned a corner. Even the plants have noticed the warming trend in the past week. These pictures were taken just outside of our apartments. We've heard that Spring is an unbelievable season here and almost everything flowers. While, I'd like to go to Japan to see the cherry blossoms bloom, we might just have to see the ones here in Korea. Too bad we only have 30 vacation days total this year! We do plan to do some hiking in the local National Parks as well and purchased an external frame child backpack carrier in anticipation of these trips.
We've also enjoyed some fresh fruits and vegetables from the market. I picked up a giant basket of strawberries and unlike some of the berries in the grocery store in the states, these are smaller yet every single one of them was sweet and flavorful. We made strawberry pie, some strawberry sauce for pancakes, and David has certainly enjoyed eating strawberries with every meal.

Still no stuff or car. Although this weekend, we purchased a coffee maker (although I was almost resolved to give coffee up for Lent) and a vacuum cleaner. We bought US versions from the BX and just use a transformer. We are currently borrowing a car for the long term so we now have a vehicle. I will take my Korean driver license test on Friday so I can legally drive in this county. The biggest difference I've notice so far is that while people here will run red lights or treat them as yield signs, turning left on a green light w/o a green arrow is not legal and not attempted. I will also take David for his 1 year old well baby appointment to Ajou University Hospital in Suwon next week since I can't get him in on base. I will certainly blog about that!
One of David's many faces and strawberry remnants on his tray.





No comments:

Post a Comment