Monday, February 23, 2009

51 weeks left

We've officially been here for a week. In some ways, time has slowed considerably here. Nowhere to be, no pressing calls to make or things to do. In other ways, it has dragged on. We are all getting over some type of illness. David was mostly recovered by the weekend but A and I woke up w/a fever Saturday morning and I'm still not 100% recovered. I did managed to make some chicken stew in the crock pot and we did a little exploring off base on Sunday.

As soon as you step outside the gate, you are inundated with hotels, restaurants, and various store fronts. I was amused to find the obligatory McDonalds and Baskin Robins. Before arriving here, previous residents were telling me about places, down this alley and that alley - it's hard to imagine what an alley really is but it's a fairly accurate description. It's definitely a whole new world out there. See for yourself.






1 comment:

  1. I hope you all are feeling better. I am really surprised how much it seems to look like Europe. Maybe it's just the photos, but the "ally" looks just like in Germany and Holland.
    Good luck for another week!

    ReplyDelete