Thursday, February 19, 2009

Yobosayo

I learned my first Korean word yesterday - yobosayo means hello. I have to keep practicing it since a 4 syllable word for "hello" doesn't come naturally.

The commissary required a ration card to check out. I had tons of groceries although I didn't plan to get so much stuff since I walked there in the first place. The cashier kept insisting on a ration card and my attempts of "we just got here" and "I'm not sure what you mean" weren't getting me too far. Then I pulled out my Reserve ID card which is pretty much indistinguishable from an AD CAC card. Oh, you are Active Duty - Active Duty no need ration card. I wasn't going to argue with her as I paid for my $102 worth of groceries. I also decided it was worth it to take the base taxi home.

We've made some progress on the apartment hunting. A checked out a few places in town. The Century 21 realtor showed him some scarier places before showing him the Switzen. I looked at the website online and it was pretty snazzy. A took some pictures of the 3 BR 2 BA unit on the 13th floor. It sounds looks great to me especially the part that it's available now. The little guy has been out of sorts which is understandable and he hasn't been eating or taking his bottle really well and normally he's a good eater. Well, yesterday evening he threw up in his pack n' play and then all over me just as A left to meet the realtor. Great. Good thing the laundry machines are close by the room. This morning his diaper confirmed that he's got something going on. Maybe it's just because he's teething. Oh, I can't wait to get settled.

1 comment:

  1. wow you got to bring your family? I have never heard of that before. About time though...

    ReplyDelete